Tuesday 4 March 2014

New York Fashion Week Street Style

Hello my lovelies! I am so sorry for my absence, and I'm sorry that I seem to start every post with that phrase. I have been rather swept off my feet with work recently, especially as I didn't get much done during independent study week and I have been rather ill recently so hopefully as I get back on top of things posts will be more regular from now on!
Here, as promised, are some of the photographs I took outside New York Fashion Week whilst I was in the States. Unfortunately we couldn't get in to any of the shows but just going to fashion week and standing outside I found was quite an eye opening experience. For someone with quite a small town view of fashion after growing up in rural Yorkshire it was so inspiring. Just meeting people with the same love for fashion and the same dreams as you is really motivating because it reminds you why you're studying it at university and it gives you the confidence to say "This is what I want for my life".
Fashion week was amazing and the styles I saw there have inspired me so much, it also reminded me that there isn't one trend and that its not about being fashionable necessarily but about having a distinctive style that expresses who you are. I was obviously disappointed that we couldn't see any of the shows but it has made me even more determined that the next time I visit New York (whenever that may be) I will be back at the Lincoln Centre with an invitation in my hand, or maybe two!
Anyway, here are my pictures, enjoy!























You may recognise a few of the faces in these photographs including Brighton Keller of http://www.brightontheday.com and Nikki Minton of http://www.mystylediaries.com who I met at Fashion Week and are both lovely ladies. There may be one or two people in these pictures who are pretty important in the fashion world that I haven't recognised so please forgive my ignorance for not knowing them by their faces!
Whilst at Fashion Week as well as meeting Nikki and Brighton, I was photographed by Tresemme, Google Glass and John B Gladitsch as well as interviewed by The Thread for Yahoo.
Fashion Week was amazing, even just standing around outside gave me a better understanding of the fashion industry and I would strongly suggest that if ever you get to visit London or Paris or any other Fashion Week, even if you can't get in just go and soak up the atmosphere because it really is amazing just to be there.
I hope you all liked this post and I promise I am working on more and hopefully you won't have to wait as long for the next one! I hope you all had a lovely pancake day. Love Holly x

5 comments:

  1. It looked amazing Holly!! keep up the good work! <3

    Lauren xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone looks so fabulous! You snapped some great pictures! :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love how everyone looks so unique!<3

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pics!
    Make sure to check out my blog!

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete